WINE SIMMERED PEACHES WITH WINE FLAVOURED YOGURT
You can also use Chantilly cream. I'm just saying...
-Wash the peaches carefully
- Put them in a small pan. Add white wine (muscat wine is the best...) until the peaches are half covered
- Add sugar, (2 parts wine and 1/2 part sugar but you can change that if you want it sweeter.) ("cassonade" brown sugar is tasty...)
- Simmer the peaches until soft, you have to turn them over some time in the middle.
- Take out the peaches, slip off the skins, it’s very easy when they are cooked, leave them to cool down and take the pits out.
- Let the wine simmer until it has been reduced with at least a third and has become syruppy.
- Add some of the syrup to the yogurt until you have a more sauce like consistency.
- Serve the peaches with a dollop of yogurt and some of the wine syrup if you want.