- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 12 oz thick egg noodles
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small carrot
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut and the cabbage, onion and carrot into small slices. If you'd like to use a food processor, apply the slicing or grating discs.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in a large pan then add the cabbage, onion and carrot, along with 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Cover the pan, and cook cabbage and onions on the stove on low heat until the cabbage is cooked; this will take about 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, boil water and start to cook the noodles.
- When noodles are cooked, drain the water and mix in the butter.
- Stir the noodles into the cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Add more seasoning to taste.