1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 stick real butter melted.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a nine by thirteen inch glass or aluminum pan. Spray it good so nothing sticks.
2. Cut apple slices crosswise in half.
3. Place in pan; sprinkle with dry cake mix.
4. In small bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon; sprinkle over cake mix.
5. Drizzle with butter.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
7. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired!
PS.... I do this with peaches or nectarines also.... you could probably do cherries as well so long as you pit them. So good....and you can add more than one stick of butter about 1/2 thru the baking process and it just makes the crunchy-ness a little more... most times just 1/2 stick more... (Okay so I love butter)
I just saw this posted on facebook too, so you know it's been shared around. I love cake mixes when you can do things like this with them.