2 pounds boneless chicken (also works well with firm tofu)
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups cooked or canned spinach, well drained.
Salt to taste
Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes. Place chicken in a pot and add coconut milk, cover and cook for 3o minutes or until tender. Add cooked spinach. Salt to taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve over hot sticky rice and with a nice mixed greens salad with the following dressing
Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup orange juice
1 t. Dijon mustard
2 T sugar
1 T fresh chopped basil
1 Clove garlic, mined
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup canola oil
Combine all ingredients, except oil. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is thoroughly blended. Gradually whisk in oil. Chill for half a day before using.
I hope you can take a few moments out of your Sunday and come over and get to know one of our quieter cousins!
Toffee Cheesecake Bars
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling MAKES: 30 servings
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits. Pour over crust. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Quite honestly, the sound of the recipe made me gag... until I tasted it. It REALLY is terrific.
You Will Need:
-1 lb mild Jimmy Dean sausage.
-1 can original rotel
-1 can ranch style beans
-2 cans minestrone soup
-1-2 cans of water
-Mix all the ingredients together & heat to boiling.
-Reduce heat and simmer at least 20 minutes.
-Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot & heat on low all day!
HINT: you might try just one can of water, first... and you can use just about any kind of ground protein that you want.
That's a photo of my brother. I really miss him, seems like more every day.
Bloody Mary Popsicles
- 1 ½ lbs tomatoes (about six 2 ½ inch diameter in size)
- 1 celery stalk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vodka
1. Place all ingredients except the vodka in a food processor or a blender and process until everything is pureed. Pass mixture through a medium strainer and then return strained mixture to blender or food processor. Add vodka and process for another 20-30 seconds to blend well. Pour mixture into popsicles mold.
2. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.