A couple of things about the surgery:
1. When they say don't take pain pills without food, they really mean it.
2. I love my friends, but their teenage kids are LOUD.
3. Look up information, but don't get crazy on the details -- just because 0.001 percent of people get stomach bleeding from the one med DOES NOT mean you will be one of them (I wasn't).
4. Don't anticipate and try not to worry. What's gonna happen is gonna happen.
5. And above all -- don't forget to thank whatever diety or power you believe in, as well as the good wishes/prayers of friends. They really do help.
And I'm doing fine -- my digestion is certainly not where I want it to be, but I'm actually much farther ahead in the recuperation process than I thought I would be.
Sorry about the off, off topic, but I just wanted to explain why I've been MIA lately.